Translate

Tuesday 13 March 2018

quārtus nuntius: Credo

Salvete!

Apologies for the rogue Lion yesterday (at least it wasn't a rabbit!). I was slightly behind this week the gilding took a little longer that I thought it would, that and I changed the design a little from the draft.  I was toying with the idea of using gesso to create a raised platform for the gold leaf.  However gesso takes 24 hours to dry so it pushed everything back slightly. 

Had some strange problems with the red ink this time around.  It seems to be a little "watery" and blotched on the page.  It could have just been the paper, however I suspect that I would have had the same effect on the blank ink. It might be time to replace my red ink.

I had a mild panic writing this as it was looking like it might not fit on a single page.  Which was confusing as I managed to fit the Gloria AND the Credo on a single A4 sheet when making the altar cards.  However thankfully it did fit in the end.

This time I decided not to base the illumination off any previous examples that I had seen.  That isn't to say I didn't look to see if there was anything that I would like to reproduce.  But there was nothing that I felt really suited the Credo.

Here is the final product:


 
 
The next prayers to follow will more than likely not be this size, there are a few reasons for this.  Firstly, the prayers are shot: Prayer to the Sovereign followed by the Leonine prayers.  I will probably make the Salve Regina like this however.  Lastly the main reason is that I am running low on materials so for now I will need to be a little more conservative with what I use.  I forgot how expensive this all is!  Well back to the Gospel of John next, starting Chapter 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment