Translate

Monday 19 March 2018

iterum loqui de leporibus volo

Salvete!

Sadly no update on the Gospel project this week, I have made some progress but I want to save that for later. Meanwhile I want to talk about the rabbits again (iterum loqui de leporibus volo).  I feel I may have jumped to conclusions and perhaps judged them a little harshly.  In my previous post I gave a few examples of how rabbits depicted in manuscripts were basically psychotic, and let's be fair it didn't take much convincing.

However more recently I have found a drastically contrasting nature of these furry animals.  When they are not riding lions into battle, beheading kings, fighting angels and dogs alike, they have a taste for the arts.  Especially music!

Here we see a rabbit playing the bagpipes, he seems happy enough.  However I cannot help think that the materials used in making the bagpipes might have a questionable origin.  I shall try and remain objective as he seems happy enough.








Seems like flutes and various horns are also popular with the rabbits.  We even have an example of a rabbit playing alongside someone, clearly not as bloodthirsty as I may have first thought.














The harp also seems to be an instrument of choice with the rabbits. Harps have always been the instrument of choice for angels throughout art.  So clearly they cannot be as bad as I have first thought they were? 











 This little guy is even entertaining a bird!













So maybe they are not as psychotic as we first thought they were?  Maybe we have had them wrong all this time?




Then agian.............?????

No comments:

Post a Comment