Translate

Friday 19 October 2018

Aurum habeo!

Salvete Omnes! Aurum habeo!

Ego Scriba is back! Well, I didn't really go anywhere I just had a major shortage of gold.  Right from the start I have that this is as much about learning new things as it is producing work.  The Gospel project in itself is just one big experiment for trying out new things.  One thing I didn't take into account was the amount of gold actually needed for all this.  I have been going through gold faster than I can obtain it.  But this is not because I am being wasteful, but simply because of my designs have required a lot of it.  However, I finally have more gold and can start to move forward again.

Chapter 2 is now complete.  The question is what to do next?  I recently checked out a video showing off an old manuscript of Dante's divine comedy.  The end of every chapter contained an illuminated image illustrating what happened in the previous chapter.  I have decided to attempt something similar.  With chapter 3 starting on the right hand side with nothing on the reverse, I essentially have a free page.  So if the worst happens I can easily remove it and I won't lose any of my previous work.

Here is the image I will be attemptiong to reproduce:



I will be changing a few things, less animals and people.  Keeping it simple for my first attempt.  I will upload the results as soon as I have them.

Here is a closer look at last night's work:



3 comments:

  1. Good to see you haven't retired. How long (roughly) are you estimating before it is complete?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The timing isn't really writing out the text but the decoration. I think if I was flat out writing with no decoration I would probably be more than half way through by now. It all depends on how much I focus on it. It takes 5-7 days per chapter working 2-3 hours per night. So if I focused on nothing but this, I would say 20-25 weeks.

      Delete