Translate

Monday 19 February 2018

Primus nuntius: Evangelium

Completed the first page of the Gospel of John.  The page took roughly 6 hours spread across three days in total.  Not every page will be as detailed as this one.  I simply cannot afford to make every single page like this, regardless how much I enjoy doing that.  The following pages will be block text with a smaller illuminated letter for the start of each chapter.  Certain chapters will have larger illuminations as the front page just to break things up, with an illustration that relates to the following text.  Once I start the second page I will know if I will be able to write back to back, or if I will have to follow plan B.

Here are the pictures of the first page:


The curvature of the page makes it look like the lines are not straight in these two pictures, but I can promise you they are.
 




I am happy with the outcome of this page.  The text is fairly uniform, and I managed to keep the lines straighter than I have managed previously with a paint brush.  I might add to this down the line, but I am extremely happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment